"DUKE CANNON SUPPLY COMPANY IS SERIOUS ABOUT ITS COMMITMENT TO GIVING BACK TO THE MEN AND WOMEN SERVING OUR COUNTRY. THAT’S WHY A PORTION OF DUKE CANNON'S PROCEEDS DIRECTLY SUPPORTS VETERAN CAUSES."
1. The Big Ass Brick of Soap launched on Veteran’s Day of 2011. Not only was this a nod to service men and women DUKE CANNON took to benefit through charitable donations, but it also happened to be 11/11/11 – an anniversary date that no one in the company can possibly forget.
2. The size and shape are based of soap used by GIs during the Korean War. The plant that produced the BABOS was the sole supplier to the U.S. Military during the Korean War, and they used to produce full pound “brick style” soap that were air-dropped to GIs and used for both body and clothing. The current model retains the brick shape but was scaled down to be a bit more functional. DUKE CANNON presume it also smells a little better, too.
3. The first batch of 1000 units sold out in 6 days. Thanks in part to some early PR, DUKE CANNON sold out of product in a week and then took pre-orders for our second batch throughout the Holiday Season. DUKE CANNON also stopped warehousing the product in our garage and running orders to the post office ourselves.
4. Duke Cannon was not the first namesake for our soap. When the idea was first conceived, DUKE CANNNON was planning to name the product Kirk Cockwood’s Big Ass Brick of Soap. But then we decided we actually wanted to “sell” product, so DUKE CANNON made an adjustment.
5. The stock numbers on each item are based off players’ numbers from the founders’ favorite hockey team.
MORE IMPORTANTLY - DUKE CANNON HAS GIVEN THIS NAVY NURSE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND GIVEN HER A CHANCE TO PROVE THE FIGHTING SPIRIT OF NAVY PRIDE! THANK YOU #DUKECANNON! GOD BLESS!